We said before that the miracle abolishes time. It does this
by a process of COLLAPSING it. It thus abolishes certain INTERVALS
within it. It does this, however, WITHIN the larger temporal
T 1 B 41d. The validity of the miracle, then, is PREDICTIVE, not logical,
within the temporal schema. It establishes an out‐of‐pattern time
interval, which is NOT under the usual laws of time. Only in this
sense is it timeless. By collapsing time, it literally saves time, much
the way “daylight saving time” does. It rearranges the distribution
T 1 B 41e. The miracle is the only device which man has at his immediate
disposal for controlling time. Only the Revelation TRANSCENDS
it, having nothing to do with time at all. The miracle is
much like the body, in that both are learning aids which aim at facilitating
a state in which they are unnecessary. When the Soul is
finally in the original state of direct communication, neither the
body nor the miracle serves any purpose.
T 1 B 41f. While he is IN the body, however, man can choose between
loveless and miraculous channels of creativity. He can create an
empty shell (see previous reference), but he DOES NOT create nothing
at all. He can wait, delay, paralyze himself, reduce his creativity
almost to nothing, and even introduce a real developmental arrest
or regression. But he CANNOT abolish his creativity. He CAN destroy
his medium of communication, but NOT his potential. T(45) -45
T 1 B 41g. He was NOT created by his own free will. Only what HE
creates is his to decide. The basic decision of the miracle‐minded is
NOT to wait on time any longer than is necessary. Time can waste,
as well as be wasted. The miracle‐worker, therefore, accepts the
time‐control factor of the miracle gladly, because he knows that
every collapse of time brings all men closer to the ultimate RELEASE
from time, in which the Son and the Father ARE one.
ACIM – Urtext vol.1 ch 1 section B.
We recorded some readings of the first chapter of the Urtext of A Course in Miracles and it available for you here. What is read is so fundamental that is is a beautiful opportunity to come in touch with the pure instruction you were always looking for.
LISTEN TO THE URTEXT READING OF CHAPTER 1 Here
- Chapter 2: The Illusion of SeparationSection B: The Re-interpretation of Defenses part 1 page 28-30 Combined 7 volume edition of A Course In Miracles Urtext.
- Chapter 2: The Illusion of SeparationSection A: Introduction (Notes Not present in Notes)Combined 7 volume edition of A Course In Miracles Urtext.
- Chapter 1 of the Combined 7 volume edition of A Course In Miracles Urtext. Section C: Distortions of Miracle Impulses page 24-25
- Chapter 1 of the Combined 7 volume edition of A Course In Miracles Urtext. Section 2: Relationship of Miracles and Revelation, part 2: page 21-24
- Chapter 1 of the Combined 7 volume edition of A Course In Miracles Urtext. Section B: Relationship of Miracles and Revelation, part 2: page 16-21