The Great Way isn’t difficult for those who are unattached to their preferences. Let go of longing and aversion, and everything will be perfectly clear. When you cling to a hairbreadth of distinction, heaven and earth are set apart. If you want to realize truth don’t be for or against it.Seng-ts’an, 6th Century Zen Master from the book ‘The Enlightened Heart’
In this class we continue moving beyond color shape and form to symbols. Some musical symbols are shared in this class: epiphany, movement, you will see. We use two mystics’ writings to support the experience of Enlightened Heart. The Third Patriarch of Zen, Seng-ts’an and Symeon, a Greek Mystic from the 10th Century.
-The manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi (Matthew 2:1–12).
-The festival commemorating the Epiphany on January 6.
-A manifestation of a divine or supernatural being.
Non-Being is no different from Being. Until you understand this truth, you won’t see anything clearly.Seng-ts’an
- 0:00 Epiphany – music and introduction the original track here
- 5:17 The Enlightened Heart, 3rd Patriarch of Zen (6th century Zen master)
- 14:23 Writings of Symeon, Greek mystic 10th Century
- 29:55 Musical Epilogue: Non-Being
- Music : guitar Joshua Otter River, Wim H